One of the greatest upshots of the last few years’ has been the renaissance of the Protein Skimmer. So it’s no surprise that Vertex has applied their R&D focus to this segment. The Alpha is the culmination of these improvements in design and technologies.
By focusing on the core essentials of what makes a skimmer work most effectively, the Alpha-Series drastically streamlines foam fractionation in a serious way. Alpha’s represent Vertex’s largest capacity line of skimmer filtration products.
Starting with the heart of the skimmer, two Askol-based pinwheel pump; one of the most powerful and efficient motor-blocks the industry has to offer. Each pump is customized for maximum performance and silence with fully adjustable air/water interface. This feeds into a full body conical platform with the widest base possible. With this setup, Alpha’s are able to accommodate for one of the largest surface/body ratio bubble plates. This chamber nullifies the turbulent forces created by the injection of air and water into the body, allowing for foam to form rapidly and efficaciously.
The Dual pump design of Alpha 300 makes this skimmer one of the most powerful in the industry suitable for larger tanks up to 2400 Liters / 650 US-Gallons.
Designed and assembled by Vertex Aquaristik™ in-house at our German facility to our highest standards, no detail has been overlooked in the design and production of this flagship skimmer. No expense was spared in material selection and manufacturing. The body is Vacuum-Thermoformed produced from transparent PET-G. The base, lid and threaded bayonet fitting are machined from solid PVC blocks, ensuring maximum durability. All screws and fasteners are Titanium which will never rust, seize or swell. All joints are epoxied or heat welded for additional support and strength. The entire body can be disassembled for cleaning or parts replacement.
- 1250 L / 350 US-Gallons = Filtration Capacity = 2400 L / 650 US-Gallons (High Bio-Load)
- Designed and assembled by Vertex Aquaristik™ in Germany
- Solid cast Acrylic, PET-G and PVC Construction
- Full body cone chamber enables stable foam formation.
- Askoll-based high-performance skimmer pump/ Whisper quiet
- Oversized, CNC-milled bubble plate reduces turbulence
- Bayonet-style neck provides a secure, leak-free coupling between the cup and body
- Easily accesaccessible Ozone port
- Swiveling skimmate-drain
- All parts can be disassembled for ease of maintenance
- Grade II Titanium Screws / Corrosion Resistant
- Silicone O-Rings
- 2 x V- 300 Skimmer pump: ~ 38W/ Pump (Total 76W)
- 3500 LPH = Air-Draw = 4200 LPH
- Dimensions: ~ 596 * 457 * 685mm / Approx. 23.5" x 18" x 27" (Width, Length, Height)