The new and innovative Reef Octopus Elite 220-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 530 gallons where sumps space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Elite 220-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its unique wine glass body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises. Equipped with a controllable Reef Octopus DC 2500 pinwheel pump with integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lift” collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control, and an underwater outflow for quiet operation.
This Elite skimmer is equipped with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current DC-5500S pinwheel skimmer pump which are the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyist are alternating current "AC" pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
This controller allows users to select between five preset speeds indicated by five lit LEDs. The controller also features a feed/service and an On/Off button. When the feed button is pressed, the skimmer pump shuts down and will automatically reactivate after 10 minutes. Press the feed button a second time to resume normal operation. RO DC pumps feature a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
Reef Octopus` Very Best Compact Protein Skimmer Rated for Aquariums up to 400 Gallons
- Footprint: 13.6" x 11.2" | Reaction Chamber: 9" | Height: 25.2"
- Powered by: RO-DC 5500s Pinwheel Pump
- Extremely Compact Design
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Bubble Dispersant Plate
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- Controllable RO-DC 5500s Pump
- “Twist & Lift” Collection Cup
- Efficient & Quiet Operation
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- 530 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand
- 420 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand
- 300 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
- Super Cone Body: 9in
- Footprint: 13.6in x 11.2in
- Total Height: 25.2in
- Output Size: 50mm / 1.5in
- Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 7.5-9in
Pump Information - Reef Octopus Controllable DC 5500s Pinwheel Pump
- Power Consumption: 35-45watts
- Voltage: DC 24V
- Air Draw: 1200-2000 lph / 42.70 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 344gph
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup